Pick some of these to incorporate into you and your families lifestyle, or all of them. As long as it works for you.
TOP FIVE Best Habits:
ONE. Drink Lemon Water.
Everyone knows that drinking more water is better for our health. If your like me you fight to choke down one bottle a day! (Sad, I know.) But I started looking up the health benefits of drinking water with Lemon in it, and found a great information site here. Little did I know, you should not just grab the processed lemon flavored squirt bottle and your cured. Nope, there is a serious strategy to pick out the best Lemons to squeeze yourself that give you the proper nutrients and health benefits. Check out the site listed above, but the most important is to buy Organic Lemons that are "heavy"in weight, with a star formation on the rind at the bottom of the lemon. You only need half of the juice of a lemon in a tall glass of water (for 150 lb individual and lower), or a whole lemon for people over 150 lbs. Easy!
The benefits of Lemon Water are as listed:
- It is an antiseptic, or is an agent that prevents sepsis
- will prevent disease and assist in cleansing the system of impurities
- bowels are aided in eliminating waste more efficiently thus controlling constipation and diarrhea
- stimulant to the liver and is a dissolvent of uric acid and other poisons, liquefies the bile, and is very good in cases of malaria
- Sufferers of chronic rheumatism and gout will benefit by taking lemon juice
- nourish the brain and nerve cells
- calcium builds up the bony structure and makes healthy teeth
- useful in treating asthma, biliousness, colds, coughs, sore throat, diphtheria, la grippe [flu or influenza], heartburn, liver complaint[s], scurvy, fevers and rheumatism
- a natural strengthening agent to the liver enzymes
- indigestion such as heartburn, bloating and belching are relieved
- the following bullets are from quantumbalancing.com
TWO. Eat Clean.
Remove as much processed foods from your diet as possible. Not only are they full of salt, but these foods are also full of preservatives. I have gone without processed foods for the most part for a number of months now, and if I do indulge my body makes sure I remember why I was avoiding it in the first place. I have replaced my morning processed fast foods with a healthy shake (here is my recipe for Green Shakes,. Think that eating clean means no treats? How about a sweet treat of Chocolate Chip Cookies? Enjoy the AMAZING benefits of nuts, fruit, veggies, legumes, and fatty omegas. Your body will thank you!
THREE. Bee Pollen.
Try adding a teaspoon of Bee Pollen to your diet. **NOTE - be sure you do not have an allergy to this - always follow the directions to test for allergies.** (That being said - I am the Queen - no pun intended - of being allergic to everything, and I have had no issues at all.)
Why Bee Pollen? Here is the list of health benefits:
- Increases resistance to stress & diseases
- Age-retarding and rejuvenate properties
- Energy booster **(lets just say you don't need that cup of Joe or you will be flying!) Again, no pun.
- Appetite Suppressant
- Weight Management
- Helps to relieve "seasonal allergies"
- Lowers blood pressure
- Pre-menstrual & Menopause
- Skin Conditions
- Feeling of Well Being
- Sexual Desire & Performance
- Athletic Endurance
Some things to remember about Bee Pollen. Always buy local. The reason for this is because the local bees will be collecting local pollen from the flora and fauna of your area. And buying local will help with allergies to local plants. Best way to take the Bee Pollen? Well as for taste, I am not a promoter. Half a teaspoon in some applesauce washed down with a sip of water is no problem. I have also added it to my shakes, however I usually get full before finishing my shake and I want to be sure I am ingesting the Bee Pollen, so I find the applesauce is the best route for me. You will SLOWLY increase the amounts to the recommended dosage. Always seek help from educated individuals (doctors, natural paths, homeopaths, health food store employees, etc.) before trying something new, and listen to your body.
FOUR. Get your Check Ups.
Think because your not sick you should skip out on your bi-annual check up with your Doc? HECK NO. Many times we do not show any symptoms of serious health risks until it is too late. Go and get your blood work,Colonoscopies, Mammograms, Vision, Hearing, and physical check ups done at least once a year to ensure your health is optimal.
FIVE. Mental Health Checks & Maintance.
Think because your body is working well after that check up that everything will be in working order? What about your mental health state? Spiritual well being? While your at that doctors appointment you should be aware of your mental health, and tell your doctor not only about your physical symptoms, but your mental woes as well. Stress, depression, coping with loss, anxiety, drug use, drinking habits, all of these things can attribute to your mental state and should be taken into account when thinking of your overall health. Some simple routines for your mental health to stay in the positive are here:
- Think positive. With each negative thought you need to push forward a positive one! Keep the balance and train your brain to fight for its positive messages to be heard.
- Exercise. Creates a wonderful amount of endorphins that last for hours!
- Meditate. Take the time to relax and be still. A 20 minute "me session" can give you balance and create a healthy relationship with your own self.
- Keep old and create new healthy friendships. Friends are important, especially as we age. Meaningful conversations and someone to share your life with are extremely important.
- Take your vitamins. Think there is no link between your positive moods and your balanced vitamin enriched body? Think again! Vitamin B alone can help your moods stabilize.
Post a message!